Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Catchup

So my initial prediction was right and I've let my posts go, so let me do a bit of catching up.

The Grow-Your-Own project has been all but abandoned. The last bunch of salad leaves I gathered tasted horribly bitter (shame I used it for a dinner party!) and my tiny peppers are struggling to get any light, even given pride of place in the front window. I have also been given a bit of tuition from my lovely sister-in-law on machine knitting, and she generously even gave me one of her spare machines. However, it has largely just sat in the spare bedroom and I have yet to actually create anything on it.

However, I have not been completely idle. I managed to make another batch of jams after a bumper harvest of plums (14kgs!!), even if one batch didn't entirely set and I burned another one. Le sigh. I also was glad to recycle a cross-stitch piece my mother had done and some offcuts from my sister's dress I'd altered for her into a small cushion for my aforementioned sister-in-law.

I also managed to finish a little project I actually intend to keep for myself (!) with a double-sided indicator system I thought up. Background story: I keep my ironing tidied away in a wardrobe, but out-of-sight-out-of-mind being an irrevocable truth I tend to forget whether I need to break out the ionized water. So this piece hangs on the wardrobe, in a place with is easily visible, and whichever side is showing indicates to me whether I have ironing to do.


Yes I know The last "k" on the first side should be over further to balance it out, but I had to do it free-hand and fixing it would mean dismantling the whole thing. Maybe one day it will bother me enough to fix it!

No comments:

Post a Comment