Search This Blog

Monday 4 January 2010

New year, new projects

Well, it is now well into 2010 and time to get back into the regular routine. The house is desperately messy and I will be putting a fair amount of effort on getting it back up to scratch over the next few days. Nothing triggers off my borderline OCD tendencies like a messy house! But there are also a couple of other things I want to do to get my house- literally- in order.

Firstly I am going to break the habit of a lifetime and get rid of a large number of books. It goes against every fibre of my being- I am the granddaughter of a librarian and Professor of English Literature- but I simply must admit that I have bookcases full of books that I have not, nor likely ever will, actually read. So I am going to flog them on a popular internet-based purveyor of books and other sundries, and at least that way I may actually get a couple of quid for them.

Secondly my spare-bedroom-cum-workshop needs a bit of sorting out. I am going to move all my craft books to the bookcase in there, and move around some of the flotsam residing inside the wardrobes to make space for material, supplies and- eventually- some finished items. Yes, I am still considering starting that little income generator but it is still very much in the Research & Development stage. Meanwhile I can at least get my space arranged comfortably!

There are other longer-term projects taking root in my mind, and most fall into the "home improvement" category. Basically since we moved in just over two years ago the carpets (all a very fashionable but wholly impractical beige/biscuit colour) are grotesquely dirty and the walls all need a coat of paint. We are also considering replacing the barely-functional central heating system, but not until the cold weather is a distant memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment